Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This I Believe, by Dustin

Friendship

I believe in friendship. A Friend is somebody who can talk to if you have problems, someone to hang out with and they make everyday better. Without friends, I don’t think the Earth would be a very good planet on which to live. Friends can help you even when family cant and they are with you until the end. It wouldn’t be a good life without them. When I’m upset, I can always count on my girlfriend, Elena, my best friend, Phil, or my friend Burgess to cheer me up; they’re they coolest people a man can ask for.

Friends usually tend to know more about you than anyone else because you are able to tell them things you wouldn’t feel comfortable telling anyone else. If people didn’t had friends, everyone would be stuck up, stubborn miserable people who are angry with one another. Some people are shy, and they have a very hard time making new friends. I was like that when I started school at OHS, but in time I got to know a lot of really cool people who I got along with. I tell the shy kids to just try talking to groups of individuals, and eventually, you will find the crowd you fit in with. This advice usually helps them. I have ended up being good friends with most of the people with whom I talked.

I met Phil at the beginning of the year through Elena. We became good friends. Now, I consider him to be one of my best friends. I’ve known Cameron and Vincent ever since middle school. I definitely consider them to be two of my best friends. They’re both very unique, and are both very awesome people who are fun to talk to. Friends are a great thing to have and without friendship, the world would be a terrible place where nobody would want to live; this is why I believe in friendship.

No comments: