Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This I Believe, by Heather

This I Believe

Have you ever been in a situation where you did something that you didn’t mean to do? I have and it’s not a fun situation to be in. It can be heart breaking and cause a lot of pain. I feel like everyone should deserve a second chance depending on what they did.

My name is Heather Salmon. I am a junior at Orange High School and I am sixteen years old. I have had a lot of drama with boys and friends even family in my life this year at school and at home. I have done so many things that I didn’t mean to do. I have gotten second chances just because I told the truth, but that doesn’t mean everyone gets one.

I have many stories about given someone a second chance, one which wasn’t too long ago. It was actually just before my school got out for spring break! I had gotten mad at my best friend for doing something that I thought was wrong. I had heard that she was messing with the guy that I had been kind of talking to. I became very angry at her and I suddenly stop talking to her. This went on for about a week. Everyday after second period, she would come up to me at lunch and tell all the stuff that the boy was telling her. Her knowing that I liked him, I didn’t believe her. We didn’t talk at all. When lunch came, I sat there and ate my food and didn’t bother to look at her. We had never gotten into an argument of any kind or had been mad at each other. At that time I really didn’t care because I thought she had done something very wrong. Come to find out, it was the boy that I was talking to that was going behind my back and making me look stupid by telling her that he liked her and a whole bunch of other stuff. Over spring break we didn’t talk at all. Just a couple days before it was time to come back to school, she e-mailed me on myspace and asked me if we could just forget about everything that had happened because she hates not talking to me and hanging out with me. I wrote her back and told her that I would love to forget about everything that had happened because I miss being her friend also. We haven’t really spoken that much since this event occurred. I know from this experience, we will never be best friends again but we will definitely be friends and still hangout and do stuff we used to do. I had given her another chance because she deserved one.

Which comes to conclusion, I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. People make mistakes in life that aren’t meant to be made. I have made many of those mistakes just like everyone else. No body in this world is perfect. Like one of my friends said, “Things happen and we have to move on in our lives and forgive the person for whatever they have done.”


No comments: