Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This I Believe, by Josh

What’s good? I believe that bad stuff sometimes happens to good people. I believe this because bad stuff happens to good people all the time. But, because of this, I believe even more so that we must let people know how much they mean to us every single day.

When I was in the 3rd grade I lost my grandfather. He died from an unexpected heart attack. I say unexpected because he was the one that always ate the healthy foods, and he always kept the healthy snacks and things. My grandfather and I were very close. We did everything together. He bought me everything that I wanted when he was living.

Another example of bad stuff happening to good people includes when my cousin was killed in a motorcycle accident. He was riding his brother’s motorcycle when he lost control of it and wrapped himself around a tree. This happens because of someone threw sand on the road. But I wonder why did he have to be the one to get killed when there were three other motorcycles riding with him? If he were here now I would ask him, “What were you thinking riding that motorcycle?” He and I were mad cool. I looked up to him because he was a respectable person like my grandfather.

Then, on Thanksgiving of 2005, my great aunt choked on a piece of turkey after chewing the meat up properly. She was the one who went to church everytime there was a church service. Why is she not here with us now? She died at her daughter’s house in her kitchen. Now she’s in heaven. Although I moved away from Chapel Hill, we also had been close like she was my best friend. She was always there for me when I needed somebody to talk to.

All I am saying is that everyday good people are not supposed to be the one’s who have to suffer through the bad things in this life. Only those that do the bad things should suppose to suffer through the bad things. That’s only a fair punishment for everybody. I have not learned anything yet because I still think it’s not fair for good people to die.

No comments: