Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This I Believe, by Zavien

I Believe In Me

Have you ever been put down by people telling you that your not to going to get anywhere in life? I’ve been put down by lots of people in my life. Yet, do they know that putting me down is doing nothing but making me stronger in life? Sometimes you are the only person that you can trust over anybody else. That’s why I believe in me as a person.

Sometimes people put themselves down and, that’s why they never get anywhere in life. That’s the main reason why we have so many failures in this world. If you believe in yourself it shouldn’t matter what others say to you. Letting people just sit there and judge you can cause you not to have control over yourself. I’ve had times in my life where my teachers would tell me that they are more than positive that I was going to fail their class. Like always I proved them wrong. I can’t believe that teachers could say something like that. They are the ones who are supposed to encourage you when you are doing wrong.

I suspect that one of the reasons people tend to out me down before they get the chance to know who I am because I am a young black male. Statistics show that 90% of black males are either in jail or dead at 25 years old. That makes me feel that society is just setting us up to fail. That’s the main reason that I don’t believe in statistic. There are some black males out there who are 25 or older and are successful in life. Most people have others that inspire them, but I honestly inspire myself. So whenever someone puts you down in life don’t stress it. Just ignore it and believe in yourself and you will get far in life. I believe in me because I can do anything that I set my mind to regardless of statistics in the world. I trust myself as a whole to know that I can make it in life no matter what my race, religion, or age is. Believing in yourself will set a lot of goals, letting you have a good job, and getting you far in life. I believe in me.

No comments: