Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This I Believe, by Pedro

This I Believe

Since four years ago, I had believed that “Words hurt more than a punch”. One example of this belief is when my girlfriend would tell me a lot of stuff that made me feel I would rather have died then lived. Even now when I and my girlfriend get mad we say a lot of hurtful things. Another example is when my father is mad for some reason; he tells me a lot of stuff.

One example of words hurting is when my father is mad for some reason. This might be because his job made him angry. He comes home and wants to discuss it with us. One day, I stepped in front of him, and I told him that he needed to stop or we will leave him. He was angry and he was yelling at me and I didn’t pay attention, but in my mind I was almost crying. We stopped arguing and we started talking. He was telling me that he was sorry and to forget all that he said to me, but I really never forgot what he told me. I know that my father is not like that but that day I didn’t know was happening with him, but I knew that he was just not thinking. In any case, he always says that he loves us; me, my brothers, and my sisters and of course, my mother.

Another example is about 4 years ago, my girlfriend and I both split up and she called me that night. She said to me a lot of things that I personally didn’t think that she would say to me. I was sad and thought about all the things that she was saying to me. It was devastating and the only thing that I could do was think about what she was saying to me. Because of that, I could not sleep and I could not eat anything for about three months until I realized that it was the past and I had to move on and start a new life. But, even now, I still think about what she said to me and sometimes I cry, but later I realize that what I am doing is wrong. So I start to think about other things. I know if I want to forget this, I have to know how to forgive the other person. Forgiving can be a positive thing, for example, when I talked with her and we gave each other another chance and now we are both happy.

My girlfriend and I love each other, but when we get mad we both say things that hurt each other and we both know that it will be difficult to forget it. We both feel bad when we say things that are wrong. We both feel sorry towards each other, but I sometimes want to go running from wherever we are and not come back, But, I know that we are just playing with each other.

One of the things that hurts me is when she calls me and plays that she doesn’t love me. I don’t like that because she reminds me of when she told me all the bad things that she said to me in the past. These are some examples from my life of how “Words hurt more than a punch”. It can still hurt even when the person is playing with you. I know that if you want to forget all about this, you have to stop thinking about this first, and then think about something else in order to forget all what you are thinking.

No comments: