Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This I Believe, by Kyle

I Believe Essay

I believe that everyone has a good side to them. Even though it is sometimes hard to see, it is there. Most people don’t believe this though. People can be really bad at times, and you could thing they’re the worst thing ever. But deep down, they’re often a good person. Sometimes people are faced with difficult situations where they might have had to make a bad decision, but that one bad decision doesn’t have to characterize them completely as a horrible person.

After Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, a lot of people were forced to steal and loot goods, but they were doing it for a valid reason. FEMA wouldn’t provide what was needed in this disastrous time so the people of New Orleans had to take the situation into their own hands. Many people might have stolen food in order to provide for their family, but that shouldn’t make them bad people.

I try not to be too judgmental towards people. Just because you make one mistake, you don’t have to be a horrible person. A lot of people do bad things, and I’m not saying they have good reasons for them. But, I really believe that everyone has had some good in them at some point in them. I don’t think it’s fair to just categorize everyone as a bad person without even knowing them. It seems really unfair, nobody likes being judged like that, so why do it?

No comments: