Thursday, March 13, 2008

This I Believe, by BJ Riley

This I Believe
(based upon the NPR "This I Believe" series)

Have you ever had anything that happened to you, that you thought was going too be the worst thing that ever happened? Well I have. That’s why I have the belief that everything happens for a good reason. There have been many things that have gone on in my life that made me to start to realize this belief. I didn’t always see this but through time I have come to see more of it.

My mom did not stay with my biological father. At first, one would think that this is a bad thing. He was a really difficult man, and if my mom had stayed with him, then I would not have turned out to be the person that I am today. I really think that if they had stayed together, then I might not even be in school. Or I would be in school but I really would not care about the work that I have to do.

Another reason that helped me see this believe, is that this past wrestling season, I wrestled for about two weeks before I got injured. So I sat out for about a month, then found out that I would have to have surgery that would put a end to my wrestling season. This felt like the worst thing that had ever happened to me. It was the worst for many reasons, first of all I would miss out on a lot of things like getting 100 wins, and the state duals which our team won this year. Although I felt frustrated I still trusted that it happened for a real good reason. For instance maybe next year will be the year that I can win a state championship.

I really feel strong about this belief. There are many reasons why I belief in this, and I shared two of the reasons with you. I hope that once you read this that you can find out that this is true and you could start to believe the same.

No comments: