Thursday, March 13, 2008

This I Believe, by Tracy

This I Believe

I believe in true love and second chances. Everyone deserves true love and a second chance. When I was thirteen years old and in the seventh grade, I thought that I was in love. I was so sure that I had found exactly who and what I wanted. Everything seemed perfect. Then my “true love” started treating me very badly. He called me names and he pushed me, he made me think, that I couldn’t do better and that I was ugly and worthless. Everyone told me that I deserve better, but I thought I was in love so I didn’t listen. I let him control my life. I did anything and everything that he told me to do. Finally, when I was sixteen years old, he ended our relationship. He wanted someone “better”.

I went into a huge, very bad, mental state of depression. I quit eating, I started cutting myself. My grades dropped. I didn’t care about anything, and I certainly didn’t care about myself. I started hanging out with the way wrong people, and doing very wrong things, but I didn’t care. I lost total sight of what was important in my life, and it was all because of some stupid boy. There were other reason’s involved, but he was the main reason. My parents, family, and friends were all very worried about me. My parents sent me to a doctor, who then placed me in a hospital for a week.

I went on doing bad things and hanging with the wrong people for about a year, until about four months ago. That was when a miracle walked into my life. His name is Robert Hill. He goes by, “Robbie”. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t be who I am today. He helped strengthen me, and he helped me straighten out my life. He told me that he believes in me and that means the world to me. He helped me realize that the way I was living my life was no way to live. He encouraged me to see that I can be someone and make something of myself. He showed me what true love is and taught me that second chances happen.

He brought the good back out in me and so much more. He is the reason that I get up and can look forward to my day now/ he is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I don’t know what I would do without him. I can’t see myself without him. And the strange thing is, I don’t depend on him like I depended on the other person, he just guides me. In fact, we kind of guide each other.

I hadn’t had anyone treat me like he does. He reminds me of how much I mean to him every day, and that I am important, and that I can be somebody. He is so good to me, and that is why I love him so much. He is the reason why I believe in love and second chances. He has showed me that there is always room is your heart to love someone else, and when you think that you can’t go on without someone, you really can. You just have to be strong and willing to move on. You can’t dwell on the past, you have to always look forward to the future. There is someone out there for everyone, you just have to be strong and not stop looking until you find them. Don’t ever give up. You never know, that person might be standing right in front of you, waiting for you to let them in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charnetta Williams: Well i feel you on the way u feel about robbie cuz i feel the sameway about rodney he keeps me on the right path he helps me get through each and everyday he wants to see me do somrthing with my life and he dont down me like my parents he tells me ima make it through life just fine while in the other ear my parents tell me ima turn out like my sister but just keep your head up and stay happy I love you bookie....Dont change 4 nobody

Anonymous said...

i completly agree with your blog. I feel the same way about justin as you feel about robbie. I always get so mad at him when he tells me what the right thing to do is. like when he tells me not to skip school or to do my homework. but when i look back and thing about it i know he knows what the right thing to do is and that he is just tryin to help me. I might not always agree with him but i know he would never hurt me and he just knows what is best for me. Unlike my last relationship were he always told me the bad things to do b/c he didnt really care about me he just wanted to be happy. you and robbie seem like a cute couple and he knows what is best for you. Stay with him girl. I love you.

<3 Kaci